I’ve been seeing this tag on booktube a lot and thought I’d give it a go, so here’s my unpopular opinion book tag.
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – Don’t get me wrong I had a nice enough time reading this series, but looking back it just wasn’t that good for me. I could never get into the story, and I was honestly kind of bored.
2. A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
The Selection by Kiera Cass – This series is my guilty pleasure, I adore it. And even though I get why people might not like it, I loved all five books of this series.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with.
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – It took me a while to find an answer for that one and I’m kind of cheating because I’m actually happy with the current ship in this series, it’s just not what I had in mind at first.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I am really not a fan of the New Adult genre… I often find it unnecessarily graphic and not always well writen.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Aristotle from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, by Benjamin Alire Sáenz – I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I don’t like Ari, but I didn’t really connect with this character the way everyone else apparently did.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Laini Taylor – It’s not that I can’t get into this author it’s that I’ve never given her a chance. Truth is, I’m a little scared of her books.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
Instant love is something that really gets on my nerves… there’s nothing that pisses me off more than a couple who met three chapter ago and is already planning the wedding.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Fifty Shades – Just no. Not happening.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Mockingjay from the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – This trilogy is one of my favorites, but the first half of the last book was kind of slow and so I was worried about the movie. But, as it turned out, I loved it.